Monday, September 24, 2012

The Challenge!

I'm a certified coach with TLS Weight Loss System. I believe in this eating plan. I have seen it work for many different people. I've seen it work for me. There is a national challenge going on right now. Many people in the US and Canada are changing their lives and have the opportunity to earn big money doing it.

I've chosen to support my clients by complying to the plan 100% for the next 3 months. In addition I'm choosing to blog daily. My goal is to have a new recipe or food tip out each day. I know it can be stressful to come up with new food ideas. Some of these will be super simple. Some will be more intensive. Some will be based on meat and others just veggies. I hope everyone finds inspiration in and through my journey.

Today's recipe is sauteed greens with pumpkin seeds. Greens are important in the diet. Green leafy vegetables are packed with nutrients and full of fiber. Fiber helps the body to feel full and cleans out the system. If you are not feeling full with your meals adding an extra serving of leafy greens can fill the stomach enough to ease you through.

One more note...My recipes are often unconventional. I measure with my hands (average-small woman's hands) sometimes. I throw in what is available and change it up from week to week. Don't let that be a drawback. Let that help you feel empowered in the kitchen! Creativity is important with your food!

Sauteed Greens with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

1 pound mixed baby greens (my box contained spinach, shredded carrots, and a variety of kale)
1 TBS olive oil
2 handfuls of roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish (and nutrition!)

Heat olive oil in a skillet. Slowly add the greens. Fill the pan and turn as the greens start to wilt. Each time you have turned once add more greens. Turn the raw greens to the bottom and the cooked greens to the top. Repeat this process until you have the whole pound in the pan. Toss the pumpkin seeds on top and serve.

Baby greens cook quickly. They are done as soon as they are slightly wilted. You can eat them raw as a salad if you choose so don't be concerned about cooking them through.

What else is on this plate?? Big serving of green salad and 4 oz of chicken breast. Yummy!


4 comments: