Monday, October 15, 2012

Another Soup

Though we woke to overcast skies and a chill in the air but the day turned sunny by mid-afternoon. The intense winds that blew away the clouds lingered. Leaves rustled across the lawn and trees swayed. It inspired me to make soup. I had two kinds of kale and a white sweet potato from my CSA box (Community Supported Agriculture). The big orange squash, yellow onion, garlic, and canned beans were lurking waiting to become something delish. 


While I've been lazy lately about peeling squash and sweet potatoes I decided this soup needed the extra attention. I diced up the onion and sauteed it in 2 tsp olive oil until it was clear. I added 4 cloves of minced garlic to it and cooked them a bit longer. I then added a gallon of water and started peeling and chopping. All the veggies were tossed into the pot along with 2 tsp sea salt. After an hour and a half of simmering I had a lovely stew like soup!




No comments:

Post a Comment