Saturday, October 20, 2012

Reviewing the past

We went for a hike today. It was a simple hike. Not too far. It was one of the first hikes we took the kids on when we moved to Asheville. WOW! That was so long ago. We would pack up and go to Craggy Gardens to get away from the heat in the city and cool off for a summer afternoon. We took them up there to see the Fall leaves for their first experience of the Fall season after living in the tropics for their entire lives.


Today when we hiked to the pinnacle and looked at the 360 degree view it was like I was there with my young teen boys 12 years ago. I loved being up there sharing a wonderful day with my nephew and his girlfriend who are visiting from Virginia Beach. The leaves were just past peak. Last weekend we were close to peak, this weekend we were just past. The mountains never stop giving me breath taking moments and unforgettable memories.


Tonight we are reviewing yet another of our past favorites...peanut butter sauce. We used to use this peanut butter sauce for dinner every other week. It is from the Moosewood Cookbook but slightly altered. I go for a bit more vinegar and cilantro. I also use more water so it is more of a fluid sauce.

Peanut Sauce

1/2 cup fresh ground peanut butter
3/4-1 cup boiling water
2 TBS soy sauce OR 1 TBS wheat free tamari
3 medium cloves garlic, chopped fine
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
1 TBS apple cider vinegar
cayenne, to taste

Put all ingredients except the water into a small bowl. Gently stir the water in to make a smooth sauce. Serve over stir fried veggies, roasted veggies, or a nice fresh salad. I have used this sauce with a rice noodle stir fry and been more than satisfied. I think I could eat this sauce by the spoonful and be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment