Sunday, October 14, 2012

Endurance

Today was a cardio-knitting day. Instead of the planned 10-12 mile run I had planned I spent 2 hours on the bike with my sweater. I listened to a book and knit. I peddled and I knit. I wasn't speed knitting. I wasn't speed peddling. I was out for the endurance of the activity. My intention was cardio for an extended period of time. I feel pretty successful. I reached my goal for endurance cardio. I added close to 1.5 inches on my sweater.

On Sunday, in many American homes, football is the center of attention. The common foods being consumed are not low glycemic nor are they healthy for the body. Most of them are full of empty calories and unhealthy fats. A common sports watching snack is hot wings. I thought I'd share a way to have the hot wings taste and keep the meal on the low glycemic impact plan.

Healthier Hot "Wings"

1 pound chicken breast tenders
1 package spring mix salad greens
2 TBS blue cheese crumbles
2 TBS sugar free hot wing sauce

Broil the chicken 5-10 minutes on each side or until cooked through. In a bowl toss the chicken with the wing sauce. Divide the spring mix onto 3 separate plates and top with the chicken. Garnish with blue cheese crumbles.


No comments:

Post a Comment